Our social voice, Five Points Media, is also well-established within the City of Barrie. Now four years old, it features better than 2,000 followers and an audience of more than 5,000 (and up to 30,000) views per video we release.
The Ontario Community Awareness Network is more than just broadcast quality videos about those helping our community. It is a promotional vehicle through which altruistic advertising boosts small and medium local business, and it is a non-competitive referral network though which only-local businesses can promote themselves and each other directly to the computers, smart TVs, and phones of people living within our community.
Five Points Media provides a voice for those who have none, commentary as a social eye on our city, and a powerful tool of self-promotion for community groups and charities. Ours is a professional production facility that creates only state of the art production quality. This can be seen by viewing some of our recent community videos like the Community Give and Get, ‘Let’s Give a Kid a Christmas’ Superheroes Promo, the Candlelighters Superhero Stomp Promo, and the Barrie Public Library - BPL Comic Con 2018. It is also a social voice that connects local residents through programming like the Remembrance Day Ceremony, Barrie, 2018, Trials and Triumph Promo - First assisted team to enter Barrie Triathlon, and Accessibility - 'I felt . . . like nothing I guess'. A full list of our most recent 50 or so productions can be found here.
This website contains likely more information than most business owners will read; however, we want our members to make an informed decision. Altruistic advertising is now the most powerful means of self-promotion ever known, and until now it was available only to massive companies with seemingly unlimited advertising budgets. Now, through the Ontario Community Awareness Network, local businesses can work together to promote themselves to consumers in a positive way that shows community unity. It also works to help the community and the charities that call Barrie home, which builds buyer trust and loyalty. Our structure of production and broadcast is also designed to allow each member business to promote themselves by sharing our productions and taking appropriate credit for their participation and support.
The Ontario Community Awareness Network offers a win-win-win scenario for local businesses, the community, and the city’s economy.
It is now being offered only in the City of Barrie and is available only to local businesses.
Membership is exclusively available to only one business in each industry-specific category.
If you are interested in discussing details, please call us now before a competitor takes your place.
Your business can now reach more than 5,000 mostly local new clients or customers
for just $25.00 or .5¢ per viewer - and that is without sharing, liking, and reposting
The goal of self-promotion is to introduce your product or service to prospective consumers and convince them to buy from you. Effective advertising is defined as the art of reaching the greatest number of potential customers with a positive or memorable message by using the most effective means that costs the least per consumer reached.
For more than four years our team has worked to develop the infrastructure of the Ontario Community Awareness Network. Now we can offer a proven means of business promotion that allows a hundred local non-competing businesses to promote themselves, each other, and the community through the shared message of ‘Our Community United’.
This is accomplished through the production of locally-focused community videos that are broadcast to tens of thousands of local people through self-promotional sharing on Facebook, and on other social media, and through our website.
The Ontario Community Awareness Network is like no other advertising option available anywhere. We use existing and readily available online communications technology combined with our 30 years of experience in international journalism and video production to reach tens of thousands of local consumers with stories about their own community. For business owners the advantages are numerous.
- We currently have in place an established and growing audience of tens of thousands of mostly local people.
- On average, when boosted on social media, our videos are watched by more than 5000 mostly local viewers.
- Several of our social documentary videos have been watched by more than 30,000 Barrie area viewers.
- Each member business will enjoy industry-specific exclusivity, so they will stand out against their competition.
- Video is the most effective means of advertising, and interest in local video has increased 1,000% during the past year.
- Videos about local issues and stories are amongst the most watched on the Internet and generate millions of dlilars in business.
- Local stories generate interest from regional consumers and help boost brand exposure for neighbourhood member businesses.
- Member businesses are viewed by our audience as active contributors to the community, which builds customer loyalty.
- Local member businesses are promoted as being compassionate enterprises that help those in need.
- Those of special needs and their families are known to shop at businesses that show support for their community.
- Current youth ‘Hipsters’ have been shown to base a lot of their shopping decisions on the perceived ethics of the business.
- Member businesses are seen to be actively building the city economy while helping those in need of community support.
- Our local-only network of member businesses and viewers will cross promote and boost business awareness and sales.
- Local charities benefit from our donated promotional services, and businesses benefit from being seen to help those causes.
- As a locally-focused social-enterprise, we can offer the lowest cost per target audience rate of any local media.