Who We Are
Five Points Media is a community-focused social enterprise broadcast-quality online media service that offers a non-judgemental social voice to those who are all too often ignored by mainstream news services.Those groups include but are not limited to:
- Not-for-profit benevolent individuals and groups
- Grassroots community organizations
- Women’s rights advocates
- The LGBTQ community
- The poor, homeless, and disenfranchised
- The disabled and the infirmed
- Ethnic and cultural groups
- Those dedicated to helping others
- Social enterprises
Throughout 2016 and 2017 our team has been identified as ‘Barrie’s Best Videographers’ by ‘Three Best Rated’
We are a division of 3B Solutions; a commercial video production company that brings the experience of a widely diversified 30 year history in international journalism and documentary production. However, Five Points Media is a social enterprise that provides production crew and equipment free of charge or at cost to selected charities and not-for-profit groups. In order to be able to provide those donated services, we also offer dramatically reduced rates to other approved charities, and to selected benevolent organizations that charge for their services or which receive government funding. Please review our policies listed at the bottom of this page.
Five Points Media fills a gap that exists in mainstream commercial media, which is limited in its ability to serve charities, benevolent groups, and special needs components of our society
Our producer, John Ironside, believes strongly in the need for a social conscience, and that all people have a responsibility to help all other people. As such, we extended the offer of assistance to charities and benevolent organizations and received such a huge response, and the demand became so overwhelming, that we created Five Points Media to answer the call. Essentially, we were helping so many charities and community groups that the 3B Solutions brand was becoming confused, as commercial clients were seeing one charity video after another to a point that they could not tell if the company was a business or a social enterprise.
We use only the latest technology and tools of communications to produce full-broadcast quality HD videos
- The beneficiaries of our services have ranged from individual philanthropists to international organizations, and have included but are not limited to:
- Autism Ontario – charity in support of people living on the Autism spectrum
- Barrie Pride – not-for-profit in support of the LGBTQ community
- Beneath the Blanket – charity in support of the homeless
- Canadian National Institute for the Blind – charity for the blind
- Coldest Night of the Year, Orillia – fundraiser for helping the homeless
- Gilda’s Club of Simcoe Muskoka – charity in support of cancer patients and families
- Goodwill Industries – social enterprise offering training and support to jobless
- Hopefest – annual not-for-profit music festival in support of Sick Kids Hospital
- Restoring Dignity and Hope – charity in support of newly released inmates from correctional institutions
- Women and Children’s Shelter of Barrie – charity in support of women and children
- Patchless Ride – annual motorcycle rally in support of Autism Ontario
- Paying It Back – Barrie philanthropist Frank Nelson’s bucket list charities
- Pole Fitness – women empowering exercise misrepresented by ‘conservative’ opponents
- Push For Change – cross-Canada journey to raise awareness of Youth Homelessness
- Silent Swim – deaf swimmer Brenda Lussier-Neumueller swam across Great Lakes to raise funds to fight Cystic Fibrosis that threatens her brother
- SY-STEM Links – online and video kiosk based system to assist the homeless find essential services
- Swim For Dreams – fifteen-year-old Ashleigh Beacham swam Lake Ontario to send a five year old boy with leukemia to Disney World
- The Lighthouse Soup Kitchen and Shelter in Orillia – helping the homeless
- St. John's Ambulance - a community based first aid and safety oriented not-for-profit service that provides a wide variety of services to our community
Our work has been used by various broadcasters, including the Barrie CTV station and their counterpart in Toronto. Our commercial production credits range from small local businesses to international fortune 500 companies, and the charities we have assisted cover the full-range from infant care, through to women’s rights, and even bikers raising money for Autism.
Please take a look through the list of charities we have helped by selecting the “Our Stories and Videos” button on the header bar of our website.
Please take a look through the list of charities we have helped selecting the “Our Stories and Videos” button on the header bar
Terms of Service
- Five Points Media restricts this offer to benevolent individuals and groups who work to improve the lives of others.
- Five Points Media will not support any individual or group that is rooted in any exclusionary religious faith.
- Five Points Media will not support any individual or organization that promotes one sector of our mixed culture over others.
- Five Points Media promotes only acceptance, tolerance, and cultural diversity.
- Five Points Media reserves the right to refuse to assist any individual, group, or organization that does not reflect our ideology.
- Five Points Media retains exclusive ownership of all video recorded, both raw and edited; however, the client individual or group will be given unrestricted use of the product for self-promotion and any other legitimate reason that is in line with the purpose of the original reason for the production.
- Five Points Media reserves the right to restrict their level of co-production; with some chosen charities receiving fully subsidized services, and others are asked to pay out of pocket expenses and/or some production costs.
- Five Points Media reserves the right to offer a sliding scale of support to charitable and benevolent organizations that charge for their services (such as through the operation of a donations driven store) or which receive government or substantial private or corporate funding.
- Five Points Media is a privately funded social enterprise and our producer reserves the right to determine what level of co-production is applicable on a job by job basis.
- Five Points Media will be acknowledged as producer through an end-of-program credit that the client agrees to leave on the finished program and to never remove for any reason.
- Five Points Media remains the exclusive copyright holder of all video and audio files, both raw and edited, and the client individual or group agrees that the video will not used for any other purpose or by any other group or individual without the written consent of our producer.